The first church was built in 360 by Emperor Constantius (337-361). The first building, covered with a wooden roof and basilical, was burnt down as a result of the popular uprising in 404 upon the exile of the patriarch due to the disagreements between Emperor Arkadios' wife (Emperor Eudoksia) and Istanbul Patriarch Ioannes Chrysostomos. (Today, the mosaic depiction of the patriarch can be seen on the wall of the northern tymphanon of Hagia Sophia.) Although there are no remains of the first church, Megale Ekklesia stamped bricks in the museum store are believed to belong to this structure. Second Church, Emperor II. It was rebuilt in 415 by Theodosios (408-450). It is known that this structure is in the basilica with five naves, covered with wooden roof and with a monumental entrance. The Church, during the fifth reign of Emperor Justinianos (527 b¸y¸k565), during the great popular uprising, as a result of the unification of the greens representing the aristocratic sector and the greens representing the tradesmen and merchants, as the kes Nika Rebellion kes in the history, 13 January 532 It was destroyed in. The excavations conducted in 1935 by A. M. Scheinder of the German Institute of Archeology in Istanbul revealed that the excavation was carried out at the level of 2.00 m. and the frieze fragments decorated with lamb reliefs representing the Twelve Apostles and the columns belonging to the Propylon (monumental gate) of the building. In addition, other architectural pieces belonging to the monumental entrance can be seen in the garden in the western part.